What You should know while crossing the State Border of Georgia
- You can cross the State Border only at the legal Border Checkpoints
- You need to present a passport or other travel document to a Border Policeman when crossing the State Border
- A Border Policeman at the checkpoints puts in the document relevant stamp, indicating crossing the State Border
- A foreign citizen must present a travel document with the Georgian visa to a Border Policeman while crossing the state border (in case of a visa regime)
- An adolescent foreign citizen must have a travel document while travelling alone
- ordinary standard 3 month-visas - 60 GEL;
- ordinary single entry transit visas (72 hours) - 10 GEL;
- ordinary double entry transit visas (72+72 hours) - 20 GEL;
- diplomatic and service visas – are issued free on the ground of the letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Georgia.
Fine for Visa Regime Violation
- up to 10 days - no fine;
- up to 3 months - 180 GEL;
- more than 3 months - 360 GEL;
- Note: the permit to enter Georgia will be granted only when the corresponding fine has been paid.
Official Exchange rate of LARI
Georgian Money / Banknotes
Georgian Money / Coins
Lari Security Fearutes
List of Operating Commercial Banks
OPERATING LICENSED COMMERCIAL BANKS IN GEORGIA - Click to Download
If you have any questions please contact our Lawyer by E_mail:
Please indicate "Visa Information" in the subject line of your message.